07/24/2013 12:50 PM
Article By: CCBL Public Relations Office
SOUTH YARMOUTH, Mass. – The excitement is mounting with the Friendly’s Cape League All-Star game just around the corner.
The midsummer classic will take place Saturday at Red Wilson Field in South Yarmouth, home of the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox. Gates will open at 12:30 p.m., and the game is slated to begin at 4:35 p.m.
The Cape Cod Baseball League All-Star Committee has taken the issue of security and fan safety very seriously. Based on a variety of safety measures instituted around the state and the nation since the Boston Marathon bombings, here is some information each fan attending Saturday's game should be aware of:
1. The game will be a safe place for all to enjoy baseball, autographs and vendors selling merchandise, bats, baseballs and books.
2. The Yarmouth Police and Fire Departments will handle all safety coordination, along with local EMT and ambulance services.
3. The American Red Cross will staff a first aid medical tent on site.
4. BAGS WILL BE INSPECTED AT ALL GATES.
5. NO COOLERS will be permitted.
6. All League officials and volunteers will be noticeably identifiable.
7. CERT Volunteers ( Community Emergency Response Team) will be directing parking and traffic flow.
8. The All-Star game will be a great place to enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs, soft drink and other snacks, and to sample Friendly’s ice cream.
9. Come and have fun with the whole family. Tickets are ONLY $5, and children ages 10 and under will be admitted free of charge.
For additional information, please visit the Cape Cod Baseball League website at capecodbaseball.org or call 508-432-6909.