2020-2021 Internship Opportunities
Cape Cod Baseball League
Posted: September 4, 2020
The Cape Cod Baseball League is now accepting applications for 2020-2021 offseason semester internships. Cape League interns receive valuable experience in a wide variety of fields while working from home. We are currently seeking interns to fill the following roles:
The Cape Cod Baseball League, America’s pre-eminent summer college baseball league, has an available internship opportunity to work with the league’s photography department identifying, organizing, and cataloging the photos taken by the league’s photographers for the Summer 2021 season. This internship, referred to as the “Archive Internship,” starts in early June and continues through the middle of August.
• Applicants should be motivated and enthusiastic about sports and photography and have at least a basic understanding of baseball. Previous direct experience covering baseball is not necessary, though certainly helpful.
• The Archive Intern will be provided with a laptop computer but will need access to hi-speed internet service. A basic familiarity with computers in general and Microsoft Excel in particular is also helpful.
• The Archive Intern will work for the CCBL under the direct supervision of SportsPix and will receive a summer stipend of $200. SportsPix is a Waltham based company specializing in sports action photography and is the official source for all CCBL photos. SportsPix CCBL photos appear throughout the CCBL season in both local and national publications ranging from college websites to hometown newspapers to Sports Illustrated, Baseball America, and ESPN The Magazine, etc.
• In addition to its role with the CCBL, SportsPix also provides photographic services for many local area colleges including Bentley, Brandeis, Curry, Lasell, Mass Maritime, Plymouth State, Salem State, Tufts, and Wentworth. In addition, SportsPix has provided extensive coverage of Eastern Massachusetts high school sports as well as youth sporting events. SportsPix currently has nearly 2,000,000 images posted on its site (www.SportsPix.comwhich is also accessible directly from the CCBL website) and available for sale.
• Archive interns will be responsible for maintaining the library of images taken during the season, including identifying players in a league-supplied database for current and future reference and supplying appropriate photos for daily editorial use on the CCBL website as well as for other publications.
• Writing ability is not a requirement, however, for those interested, there may be an opportunity to write feature stories for use on the CCBL site.
• The Archive Intern will be responsible for all his or her personal expenses, including transportation, food, and housing. It is not necessary for Archive Interns to live on the Cape for the summer or to spend significant time there. Archive intern functions and responsibilities can be achieved remotely without spending time on the Cape, though the experience will be further enhanced by at least occasional attendance at games
• This is a non-paying internship except for the $200 stipend. The value of the experience, however, is incalculable.
To apply for the internship please send your resume to [email protected]