03/01/2023 1:41 PM
Article By: CCBL Public Relations Office
Position: 2023 Trackman Internship Cape Cod Baseball System Operator
TrackMan leverages industry leading 3D doppler radar technology to capture the most comprehensive and accurate ball tracking data in the game. TrackMan data is used for player evaluation and development by all Major League teams in the US and
most teams in Japan and Korea, as well as top NCAA D1 programs.
TrackMan & Cape Cod League are seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented candidates to operate the TrackMan Systems at various Cape Cod locations. These individuals will be responsible for running the TrackMan system for all Cape Cod games. The duties require that this role arrive at least one half-hour before first pitch and continue to the final out. This position runs from Early June – August 13th, with the season opener June 10th.
- Responsible for setting up rosters and tagging information in TrackMan System.
- Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout the game (i.e., roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
- Assist in troubleshooting system issues with Trackman support, fixing any errors, and uploading the game to the TrackMan.
- Maintain TrackMan equipment required for tagging.
- Support the TrackMan data operations teams in ad-hoc data requests and evaluations.
- Ensure quality of the data that is captured (Player, play result, pitch call accuracy etc.)
- Current college student or recent graduate with education focused on Sports Management, Statistics / Mathematics, Operations Management, Sports Analytics or similar.
- Strong computer skills to operate the system and/or troubleshoot systemic issues.
- A firm understanding of baseball is required.
- Candidate must be able to make all home games and able to work nights during the week and weekends associated with home games. (June 20 - August 10)
- Experience in Project Management a plus.
- Basic database and/or analytics experience a plus.
- Previous Trackman experience is a plus.
- This is a seasonal opportunity, and no benefits or re-location will be provided.
- Accommodations in Cape Cod for the duration of the season is required.
- Trackman will not reimburse travel or accommodations for the summer.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please send a resume to Morty Bouchard at [email protected] with the subject line “Cape
Cod TrackMan Internship”. We will only accept resumes sent via email not through any job boards.